Parenting Youth with Special Needs
How does Love and Logic apply to kids with special needs?
This 5 week curriculum is designed to be a follow-up/bonus program for parents, that have already attended the Early Childhood Parenting Made Fun or the Becoming a Love and Logic Parent.
The course will cover parenting skills for children with Autism, ADD/ADHD, Developmental Delays, Special Needs, and other Neurodevelopmental Disorders.
Participants will learn:
- A process for understanding the unique needs and competencies of each child.
- How to avoid becoming overwhelmed by a child’s multiple, severe disabilities.
- How to maintain healthy “can-do” expectations.
- Tips for teaching essential life skills.
- Skills for developing and maintaining a cooperative parent-school team.
- Strategies for reaching discouraged and resistant learners.
- And much more!